Is it True That PTE is Getting Touch with an Increasing Number of Attempts?
Though PTE is a very dynamic exam with questions changing at any given time, the level of difficulty remains the same. Generally, every test gets easier with repeat attempts, but If you keep failing, then that means you are probably unclear of the exam score guide or the test structure.
PTE is a standard test that is used to examine the level of English language proficiency. If you have failed during your first PTE test attempt, we will highlight some of the factors you need to be aware of in order to improve your success rate in your next attempt.
- You need an experienced and knowledgeable PTE tutor who can help you to get your basics right for your PTE exam preparation.
- You need to understand how the questions are scored. This can easily turn the tables in your favor.
- It is important for you to pay close attention to the instructions for every question. If there is a time limit, provide your answer within the given time. And if there is negative marking, do not respond unless you are absolutely sure about your answer.
- Go for more quality practices and always aim to give it your best shot by remaining calm and using your presence of mind.
- Make use of your strengths and work on your weaknesses prior to appearing for the exam.
- Try to identify your grey areas and work on them to improve. The best way to find your grey areas is to work on your exercises with a PTE trainer or a friend who may be able to spot your areas of improvements.
- Keep challenging yourself continuously by trying out new practice exercises and learning new things every day.
- Be cautious of silly mistakes like spelling errors, missing to listen to certain words or forgetting the instructions.
- Learn from your mistakes and use your learnings to improve on your achievements.
- It is best to take the exam in the morning or at a time when the mind is fresh.
- Learn to watch movies and documentaries in English whenever you find time and read English novel, articles or a newspaper daily.
- Practice the mock tests available at your student portal. Make sure you attend as many mock tests you can and learn from the mistakes you do on these mock tests.
Overall, when you reappear for the PTE test again it may seem like some questions are tougher
than your previous attempt. However, the difficulty of the PTE exam as a whole test will most
probably remain the same.